Still using antiX

I've been too lazy to blog during the last week or maybe just too busy with my studies. Either way, I'm still using antiX as my desktop system and I've been completely happy with this prerelease version.

I have not installed a lot of extra packages as I have mostly been able to get things done with the default installation and some extras like Emacs. As I've used both Debian and Ubuntu earlier, I am very much at home with antiX.

Two weeks ago I thought I would just test antiX and then install something more useful. At the moment I think I'll continue to use this distro installed much longer than I would have imagined. I see no technical reasons for installing yet another distro.

But in order to have something to write about in this blog, I'll tomorrow install DeLi on an even older computer. It will be interesting to see how much the distro has developed with the latest release.

2 comments:

Red and White said...

I tried Deli recently and was not impressed. One of the main reasons I tried it was because Wiki says it has Siag office but it doesn't. The install was not easy for a newbie like me either. Maybe you can shed some light.

Mikko said...

Well, I am not going to use a Pathetic writer anyway :-)